This tutorial will teach you how to make an icon on your desktop that, if clicked, will shut down your computer. This is great to easily shut down your computer without having to go to the start menu and all that.
1. Right click your desktop.
2. Go to New >> Shortcut.
3. In the field, type in:
shutdown -s -t 0
4. Name your icon: "Shut Down" or whatever you prefer.
CUSTOMIZING THE COMMAND
* You can replace "0" with the number of seconds you want after you click the icon for it to shut down your computer.
* You can add this text to make a message pop up when the icon is activated:
-c "REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT"
***CHANGING THE ICON***
1. Right click the Shut Down icon.
2. Click "Properties".
3. Click "Change Icon".
4. Browse for an Icon you are happy with.
5. Select the icon of your choice >> OK >> OK